This past week at Eastern Market's Detroit Wick, I had the pleasure of attending She Who Dares - Detroit Installment, an initiative created to empower women to live their best lives by being their best self. Moderator Jovian Zayne led an engaging discussion with Kelli Coleman, Leslie Gordon, Dezi Santiago and Meagan Ward on the power of self-awareness and inner peace which enables us to live our life with purpose.
A few takeaways that I have promised to carry with me throughout my personal journey are:
- One of the strongest things you can do for yourself is be vulnerable.
- Start each day with gratitude.
- Speak to the real desires in your heart and live them out.
- Self-care is key. You can't be everything to everybody else if you're not enough to yourself.
- Let your brand reflect your genuine self. Be authentic and transparent.
- Shift your perspective on failure. Focus on what you learned and how you can grow.
- Do not allow yourself to be driven by fear.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Be intentional in all you do.
These powerful women dropped some jewels on us. What I loved most about the event was the vibe. It felt like a sisterhood where we all wanted to see each other succeed and win. Not concerned about competition, we focused on speaking life into one another and using our personal journeys to support, empower and celebrate one another. Not only did I leave the event with my heart full of excitement about what is to come in my life, but it felt great being connected to a group of ladies that would encourage me along the way. I am grateful.